The 2026 Barcelona Pyrenees project considers the environmental and sustainability aspects as fundamental, strategic and central to the celebration of the 2026 Olympic Games. The games have been considered as sustainable to ensure the active participation of sports, business and social organizations, and society in general.
Barcelona has established environmental sustainability criteria that will guide the planning and management of the actions of the Olympic project:
- Ensure environmental issues across the board in the entire project.
- Minimize the carbon footprint in all the actions of the Olympic project.
- Promote clean technologies and eco -efficient (Smart).
- Plan, design and develop environmentally responsible Olympic venues.
- Improve air and noise quality, and reduce the generation of wastewater and waste.
- Promotion of educational and environmental awareness.